Friday, December 4, 2009

No Ca$h


Probably the greatest band to ever exist....I would say this if I didn't have the greatest inside joke of Blink 182 being the greatest band ever....which I firmly believe...seriously...no joke. Blink 182 is the best.

But after Blink is this band, and it's only fitting that I enter them as my first blog entry. If you have not heard of them yet...than you are missing out on so much. Some of the most moving, well thought out music to ever grace the 90's...or well ever.

Their first and only album release Run Your Pockets is the undeniably the best album to ever have graced my ears. Songs like Life Sucks, Knowledge Is Power, Wilkes-Booth Style and so mix a great diversity of profoundly moving lyrics as well as catchy and original punk, ska, and metal style beats.

This band does do a great job of mixing those genres in together, although I wouldn't say their songs are all mixes of those three genres, it's like one song will be very metal and punk and another will be very ska and punk. It's mostly straight forward heavy punk however with after touches of other genres.

The lyrics are very prepubescent, I must warn. It's a lot of shit about bitching about life, Homelife Is A Drag is a great song that 14 yr olds would love, I also enjoy em' however cuz well let's face it, Homelife Is A Drag. School fucking sucks ass, life seems to suck for the most part, and it's not like it's just random bitching, it's bitching with knowledge.

Which people hate, cuz than you gotta point. But you can't do anything about it, which makes them realize something....

:]

They also released a split with Team Spider...which is a pretty bad band...although funny, they suck ass. Regardless the first half of the split and two or three Team Spider songs are pretty good. Annihlation Of The Nation was released on this one as well Kill Yer Parents, Cashless And Pathetic and This Shit's Forever. All amazing beyond words, especially that first one and Cashless And Pathetic, all of those were not released on Run Your Pockets. So it's highly recommended you download both these releases.

I absolutely love this band, and have been listening to them ever since I was 18 or so....and I'm 20 now, so two years or so. I've garnered probably over 500 listens if not more for each of their songs and I still fucking love them. Greatest fucking band ever.....aside from Blink 182 of course.

This is the discography link, it also has their demos and other stuff. They sound different and I'd check em' out just to see what you like, I like their Cashless And Pathetic release on CBGB's release.

Regardless here's the link:

http://whiteyspunkemporium.blogspot.com/2009/05/no-cash-and-rest.html

Also Run Your Pockets the final song....is pure amazing. Godly lyrics, great ending, the screaming and what not might turn off some who are not used to it, but if you're willing to give em' a chance I know you will love them. When I first introduced this band to others before they started off being thrown off by Chris's screaming and stuff...after a month of listening to it they were singing along.

Lyrics can be Googled if you need to know what he's saying. Enjoy.

Also this band is dead now, the former lead singer and rhythym guitarist Chris Cash has made a new band called Mad Conductor which I shall talk about later. It's also pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment